Everyone loves a freebie. Yet, so many people don’t know that you can get free stuff on Amazon.
This may sound too good to be true. As we all know, there’s no such thing as a free lunch. However, by following one simple hack, you can provide Amazon sellers value beyond money and get sent free things.
You don’t need to be an Amazon Prime member to get free things on Amazon. To find out how you get your hands on some free Amazon items, keep reading.
Why Are There Free Products on Amazon?
To get free stuff on Amazon, you need to understand the perspective of Amazon sellers. Their goal is to make as many sales as possible so they can earn a decent revenue.
To do so, they must:
- Show up high on Amazon’s search results pages – whether on a computer or the Amazon app, most shoppers only look at the first page of Amazon’s search results. Thus, sellers stuck on page 10 or 20 are desperate to rise the ranks. To rank higher, they must satisfy Amazon’s algorithm. The two leading ranking factors of Amazon’s algorithm are sales and positive reviews.
- Generate more sales – To make more sales, Amazon sellers must appear reputable and provide evidence that they sell a worthwhile product. While photos and product listings can help their case, the only way online shoppers can verify a seller’s credibility is by looking at reviews. If an Amazon seller has no reviews, they’ll struggle to make sales. Amazon sellers also want genuine positive reviews, not fake reviews.
- Garner as many five-star reviews as they can – As we just discussed, online shoppers rely heavily on reviews to make their purchase decisions. However, you can’t get reviews if you haven’t sold any products yet. Thus, Amazon sellers get caught in a tricky catch 22—they can’t make sales without reviews, and they can’t get reviews without making sales.
Now that you understand Amazon sellers’ predicament, you can understand why they might be willing to sell you some products for free. They want your review as an Amazon shopper! In fact, your five-star review is much more valuable to them than money in the early stages. It’s what will convince buyers that their items are some of the best things to buy on Amazon Prime.
There are two main ways to exchange your review for a free Amazon product:
1. Reach Out to Sellers and Offer Your Review
The first way to get a free Amazon product is to negotiate a deal with sellers directly.
To do so, just follow these steps:
- Log into your Amazon account
- Search for something you want on Amazon
- Scroll through the search results until you find a listing with few to no reviews
- Message the seller
- Tell them you’ll give them an Amazon review in exchange for a free product or gift card
There are hundreds of thousands of sellers that will take you up on this deal. They understand that a five-star review will help them more in the long run than your money. Thus, it’s a win-win for both of you.
Facebook is Your Friend
Many sellers are so eager to get reviews for their products that they request them on Facebook.
Many Facebook groups are dedicated to facilitating these deals. In these groups, Amazon sellers link to their product listing and offer free items to buyers in exchange for reviews.
To find these groups, simply search on Facebook for “Amazon Hacks,” “Amazon Freebies,” “Amazon Promo Codes,” and the like. You can also look at this convenient list of Facebook Groups from AMZFinder.
More Reasons Sellers Might Offer Free Items
Reviews aren’t the only motivation sellers have to give up some of their inventory for free.
Some other motivations include:
- Increasing their sales – Some sellers have a sales target for the week, month, or year. By offering a few people free items, they can catch up to their sales target if they’re falling behind.
- Reducing unwanted inventory – As with retail stores, sometimes an Amazon seller wants to clean out their inventory. Holding onto items becomes more costly than giving them away for free, due to listing and storage fees. In turn, they may be willing to give away a free item at a substantial discount or for free.
For these reasons, giving away a free product is aligned with many Amazon sellers’ business goals.
2. Join The Amazon Vine Program
Amazon Vine is an Amazon-run program that facilitates a similar process. Sellers send free inventory to Amazon, and then Amazon distributes it to trusted reviewers. These reviewers are asked to give their honest opinion on their free samples. This way, Amazon sellers can avoid fake reviews and the predicament of having zero reviews upon a new product’s launch.
To qualify as an Amazon Vine reviewer, you must:
- Consistently provide reviews on Amazon
- Write helpful reviews that other customers value
- Build a reputation for having expertise in a relevant product category
Once you get accepted into the program, you’ll receive tons of Amazon freebies directly.
Early Reviewer Program
Similar to the Vine Program, Amazon also runs an Early Reviewer Program. This encourages eligible members of the Amazon family to share a review about a new product that they have purchased. Amazon selects participants carefully to avoid fake reviews.
When selected, Amazon and Amazon Prime members can submit their reviews and have the chance to be rewarded with a free Amazon gift card.
How To Save Money on Amazon?
As you can see, getting free things on Amazon is easier than you think!
However, not every item on your Amazon wishlist will be freely available. For the products that you can’t get for free, buy them using RebateKey.
Many sellers offer incredible Amazon cash back opportunities via RebateKey, all of which will be mailed to you once a month in a convenient check. Sign up for RebateKey today and never pay full price on Amazon again!